Monday, November 01, 2010

Waiting

So, I'm pretty much the most impatient person I know. So many people have commented on how patient I've been through this whole grueling adoption process. I just think to myself--if they only knew!

One week ago today, I finally met my baby girl--after nearly 7 months of waiting. One week ago tomorrow, I left her behind in Ethiopia. One stinking week and I miss her like crazy. I have to wait another 9-13 (at least) to bring her home. I know that doesn't sound like a long time to most of you, but it feels like an eternity to me right now. Especially because we really have no guarantee that she'll be home in that time frame even. Additionally, we will have, at most, 2 weeks notice to make the trip to bring her home. This means, we pretty much just have to sit around waiting for that email telling us to get ready and go. Not being able to plan life because you have to stay focused on this one thing certainly doesn't help keep your mind off of it!

So far, I'd say I'm doing fairly well with the wait, but it's fresh. Ask me again around week 5 when I still haven't heard anything about going back. I'm sure my patience will be well worn by then, even if I don't show it to most people.

No comments: