Sunday, October 31, 2010

Best Husband Ever

So, I just feel the need to say that I have the best husband ever. No, he didn't do anything particularly sweet or wonderful today, I just think he's wonderful. God knew what he was doing when He made sure we met. I don't always feel this way because he's a man and I'm a woman and we just operate differently, but on all the big stuff (and most of the little stuff) I sure did luck out and I don't say it often enough.

As we were walking into the airport to fly to Ethiopia to adopt our daughter my mom said to Chris, "I'll bet you had no idea what you were getting into when you married into this family." I didn't hear her, but said something very similar to him a few hours later. I'm a crazy adventurous person and I never sit still for very long. I always have some huge change that I'm planning and have lived and extra-ordinary life. Chris is always along for the ride, and happy to be. It's been one heck of a ride and we're no where near done. The best part is that he not only supports me in what I'm passionate about, but he gets to the point where he's passionate about it, too. He always says he loves my dreams and is glad to be a part of them, but that he would have no idea how to accomplish them with out me driving it.

I love this man. I am glad that he is mine. Without his support and his keeping my feet partially on Earth, I don't know that I'd be able to accomplish 1/2 of what I have. He is a good match for me (and a wonderful daddy!). I have the best husband ever, at least for me.

No comments: