Thursday, October 14, 2010

TOMS

My mom has been wanting to get each member in our family a pair of TOMS for Christmas. I'm not going to lie, I think these shoes are hideous. I LOVE the idea behind them, but was really thinking my $58 could buy a whole lot more than one pair of shoes and I wouldn't have to wear an ugly pair just to make my mom happy (sorry mom, now you know). But THEN, a friend of mine just posted this pair http://www.toms.com/womens/new-styles/charity-water-earthwise-women-s-classics and I can't even tell you how excited I am about them.

Here's why: water + TOMS special edition Map Shoe--because clean water is essential to the healthy development of children, each pair contributes to building three new clean water wells in Ethiopia. And as always, are One for One.
Not only will the purchase of this pair of shoes benefit someone else by TOMS donating a pair, but the proceeds will ALSO help build wells in ETHIOPIA!!! Fantastic. Now, this is something I can get excited about and wear some ugly shoes for.

1 comment:

Kim Johnston said...

I am so excited you posted this! I've been looking for these TOMS and they've been sold out for a while. I just bought a new pair.

Also, as the exact oposite of you, I love my TOMS and my mother HATES them. She bought me new shoes last weekend in the hopes that I would change my TOMS. I refused! :-) They are SOOO comfortable. You'll love your new pair.