Tuesday, October 05, 2010

17, but

I'm finding myself in a weird position. First off, I feel like I'm losing my mind. I am constantly wrong about what day it is, I have become a cooking maniac, buying things is totally helping me pass the time and I'm nervous. I think I just put my finger on that last one tonight and I actually feel a little relief at finally knowing what was behind the crazy. Knowing is 1/2 the battle, right?

So, what am I nervous about? I'm definitely nervous about our pending trip--especially leaving the boys behind. I'm also nervous about our court hearing--I'd really just like to hear that she's ours before we walk out of the court. I also think I'm nervous to meet my little girl. This is the weird one. I've been living for this day for 6 months! But, I am nervous.

What if she wants nothing to do with us? She's been in a care center, cared for by various nannies for almost 8 months now--since she was 2 months old. Parents are not a familiar concept to her.

What if there is something seriously medically wrong with her? I mean, she's been through A LOT: serious malnutrition, malaria, rickets, bacterial meningitis and who knows what else. All of these have had an effect on her tiny little body and we really don't know the long term implications of that. Without ever having laid eyes on her, it's really hard to have any idea of what we're walking into. Don't get me wrong, NOTHING will change our minds about wanting her, but our idea of our future could change drastically depending on her medical status.

I'm excited, too! I can't wait to just lay eyes on her and see for myself that she's doing well and is well cared for and loved by the precious nannies that thrive on caring for these babies. I can't wait to just hold her (provided she lets me) and love on her. I can't wait to get pictures of her and take video that we can share with our boys. I can't wait for her to see us.

If you're a praying person, pray that I will have peace about what's coming in 17 days, please. I don't want the next 17 days to be a blur. I want to live in today, but before I can do that, I need to be able to remember what day today is!

2 comments:

Kim Johnston said...

Prayers are coming your way. It's meant to be and will work out wonderfully.

Here is the anxiety prayer that I say when I'm too nervous:

Dear Lord,
I need you now because I am full of stress and anxiety. Reading your Word brings comfort, as I ask you to come and take my heavy burdens. I take each burden, one by one, and lay them at your feet. Please carry them for me so that I don't have to. Replace them with your humble and gentle yoke so that I will find rest for my soul today. I receive your gift of peace of mind and heart. Thank you that I can lie down tonight in peace and sleep. I know that you, Lord, will keep me safe. I am not afraid because you are always with me. Please keep me daily, Lord, in your perfect peace.
Amen

Sha Zam- said...

I found this link and wish I'd have had time to read it in depth and research more of what it is telling me BEFORE traveling. (not sure if you remember- but my guy was severly malnourished upon arrival (kwashiokore) too. Good luck!

http://adoptionnutrition.org/