Thursday, October 21, 2010

Leaving

Well, we are leaving tomorrow. The day has FINALLY almost arrived. Final packing and cleaning will take place tonight and then we're off. My mom and dad will stay at our house with our boys for the six days that we are gone. This morning, Reily told me that he is really excited about getting Kayla. I don't think he quite understands the purpose of this trip. I'm afraid he'll be a little disappointed when we come home without her (me too).

Here's a rough break down of our schedule and I've added the Ethiopian date and time to the top of our page so you can figure out what all these times mean back here.

Friday, depart at 3pm. Switch planes in Minneapolis and Amsterdam. Arrive in Addis Ababa at 9pm (their time = 1 pm here, Saturday).
Sunday is a free day for us. The care center is closed, so we will not be meeting Kayla. We hope to soak in as much of the culture as possible and do some shopping and site seeing.
Monday morning (midnight-ish Sunday here) we have orientation and then we get to meet our baby girl. We are slated to have only 2 hours with her. We will then meet with her pediatrician to ask any questions we might have about her health. I don't know what the rest of that day holds.
Tuesday morning (again, midnight-ish here) we will be preparing to head to court to stand before a judge and declare our intentions to adopt this baby. Then, we go to say goodbye to her (maybe a 30 minute visit) and then we're pretty much done and just wait until 11pm for our departing flight.
Wednesday, we arrive back in WI around 1pm.

Please keep these things on your prayer list for the next 6 days:
  • Safe travels & good health
  • Our boys
  • My parents as they take care of our boys
  • Kayla
  • Court proceedings and for favor with the judge
We can't even begin to describe the emotions that surround this trip. At times there is great excitement, at other times complete dread. Most of the time, it's somewhere in between. We feel so blessed to be following God's leading in this direction, but it is a hard road to travel. I am weary and my heart is aching and will ache even more in the coming months as we wait to bring this beautiful little girl home.

As we get ready to leave, I want to leave you with a few cute pictures of my kiddos. I sure do love these boys and I will miss their sweet faces and all their loving while I'm gone!

Thanks for all your support!


Apple orchard



Pumpkin Patch in Rice Lake with some friends

Chris, Gavin, Reily and our buddy, Hunter

Our old dog, Max--yep, he has 3 legs now--it was good to see him
Reily, just being Reily
Some photos I included in our little album for Kayla

The big brothers

No comments: