Sunday, October 03, 2010

Hmmm...

I had an interesting afternoon today. Yesterday, while at a Farmer's Market, I started buying fresh ingredients for different recipes that I have made in the past. Today, I figured it was time to cook. I made 3 different soups for our freezer and wanted to start on a chicken curry, but the kids needed something to eat so that ended my cooking for today. Still, it was fun and I enjoyed it.
Chris went to a movie with a friend, but before that we had to decorate for Halloween. The boys loved it, but now they just keep asking when all the other houses will have candy so that they can trick-or-treat.

After Chris got home, we packed up all the donations we (I) have purchased over the past few months to take to Ethiopia thanks to my family's Christmas charity donations. We have 80 lbs of clothing, sippy cups, baby dolls, puzzles, stacking cups, baby carriers and several other items that have been requested by the care centers in Ethiopia all packed into two suitcases. We're hoping we can fit everything we need for us into two carry-on bags. We have to pay for all suitcases we check, so less is much better! We're so excited to be taking all these donations.

2 comments:

Aimee and Preston said...

You're nesting!

Meehan Family said...

That's certainly how it feels, but the timing doesn't make any sense.