Thursday, November 04, 2010

Still waiting

Well, we will be waiting for a very long time, so that's not really a news flash! We're a little over 1 week into an 8-12 week wait. We're pretty much planning to have our baby girl home sometime in January. In the meantime, I'm doing my very best to remain positive and optimistic about life. There are so many things to be grateful for that it hasn't been too hard to be content while we wait. Ask me again in 5 weeks, but so far, so good.

I do have to say that I am so grateful that we have two kiddos at home already. They keep us very busy and offer so much love that I don't really feel like I'm missing anything. This wait without my boys would probably kill me and my heart does ache for my friends who are waiting to return to Ethiopia to pick up their only child.

I am also thankful that we're in the holiday season. Reily's birthday is tomorrow (he'll be 4!!!), then Thanksgiving and Christmas. There will certainly be enough going on in between all of that to keep us busy and focused on our present life rather than on what/who we don't have. Sure, I wish she was just home already to experience all of this with us, but there's nothing I can do to get her here sooner, so I might as well just enjoy life in the wait. And, I am. How could I not enjoy life with these two beautiful boys calling me "mommy" and hugging me all day long?

No comments: