Friday, September 24, 2010

Sewing fool

So, what does a mommy (whose baby is 1/2 way across the world) do when she's missing her baby? She becomes a sewing fool!
I've spent a few hours tonight and last night making baby slings to take to Ethiopia for the nannies to carry the babies around in--maybe my baby!
I'm also making headbands because I'm not going to mess with my hair while I'm there, but I don't want to look like I just crawled out of bed either. (Heather, get used to this look, cuz it's the one I'll be sportin'.)
Then, I found the CUTEST pattern at Walmart for a little brown ragdoll that I just need to cut out and sew. Thank goodness I have a couple of months before it needs to be completed. I think I'm retiring the sewing machine for the next few nights. I have a sermon to write!

1 comment:

Meehan Family said...

Update: Slings turned out great, I made 4 headbands - 3 left to go, rag doll took 1 1/2 hours just cut out. She will be the ONLY one I make.