Friday, September 24, 2010

My Girl

I am missing my girl tonight. It's been several weeks since I've had one of these days. I'm sure part of it is that a friend of mine is on a plane, heading to meet her daughter for the first time--4 weeks before me, even though she got her referral 5 weeks after me. That's a 9 week difference. I have absolutely NO ill feelings towards her, it is not her fault, it's just an unfair system and it is what it is. I wish I were traveling tonight, too, but I'm not, so I'm sitting here looking at her pictures and missing my girl.

The good news? We leave in 4 weeks! That will fly by and I will finally get to see her with my own two eyes and touch her with my own two hands. That will be a day to remember and then, I will go back to missing my girl even more as I wait for our second trip where we can finally bring her home. That will be an even better day to remember! Here's hoping she's home by Christmas...

No comments: