Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blah...

I don't really have anything specific to write about, just many, many thoughts in my brain and I think it might help to get them out here. If you don't want to read this one, I don't blame you!

We leave in 22 days...that's 3 weeks from tomorrow. This is exciting, but truth be told, my head hurts just thinking about it. There's too much to do and too much to remember and I just don't feel like it. The only thing I want to do is hold my baby girl and just fall in love with her.

Work is kicking my butt. I have known that I would have to cut back once our little girl comes home, but trying to figure out what all that looks like makes my head hurt, too.

Hmmm...maybe some Ibuprofen is in my near future as I will have to deal with both of these things very, very soon.

I keep reading blog posts from other writers about all the things that bug them. I would LOVE to write my own top 20 list, but I think I'd get myself into trouble. So, for now I'll just mention #1...people who just DON'T GET IT!

I'm sick of my kids fighting with each other. I tried to take them to a park for dinner and the drive there was so miserable that we turned around and come home. They're mad that I didn't take them to the park and I feel like they just ruined my night. It was such great weather, but rewarding horrible behavior is just not something I like to do. So, home we are. Thank GOD for finished basement space that's full of toys. I know, that sounds like a reward too, but trust me, they'd rather be at the park.

Apparently, Metamucil turns into really thick sludge if you don't drink it really, really fast. Yuck. I hear it helps lower cholesterol, guess I'll have to chug.

Chris has picked up a lot of shifts lately. Money=good, less time together=not so good. He asked if he could pick up shifts in October and I said "no". Normally, I'd jump at the chance, but with our trip and all the shifts he picked up in September, I need him home more. Don't tell him, but I kind of miss him. :)

Reily's birthday is coming up. I can't wait. It's hard to believe that he's going to be 4, but I'm ready for 4. I don't like 3--AT ALL! We're going to have a little family party and Reily's cousin, Kacey, who was born on the same day (and her mommy) are going to be able to come. I'm excited about that! We always try to get them together to celebrate around their birthdays. How many cousins have the exact same birthday? It's worth celebrating.

Kayla's birthday is the very next weekend. I am not excited about that. There is no way we'll be over there to get her that quickly, so we won't be celebrating her 1st birthday with her. I don't think I need to say much more about that. Any mommy should understand why I'm not excited about that. Here's hoping she's home for Christmas. Fingers crossed.

Um, I think that's all. I feel better.

No comments: