Wednesday, September 22, 2010

God

So, sometimes in life, God makes it very clear that He wants you to lean on Him rather than do it all yourself. Well, I'm a do-it-myselfer. I know this. I've been this way since I was born. When we headed into this adoption, I was all about doing it myself. Of course we prayed and asked God for clear direction on whether or not now was the time, we asked for guidance in selecting the country our child would come from, etc...the one thing we didn't ask for help with was the finances. We felt that God had blessed us enough through the years (and boy, has He!) and we just decided to take it upon ourselves to make the finances happen.

Well, then the whole process changed on us and we were required to travel twice--this was an expense we had not planned for. Suddenly, we HAD to rely on God to provide. Let me tell you, I have not been disappointed AT ALL! Not only has God made sure that our 2nd trip costs are completely covered, but I honestly don't think we're going to have to pay more than $2500 out of pocket for the whole thing (so far...). I.am.blown.away. We're talking jaw dropping (literally) response to this blessing.

Of course, when God provides I am always pleasantly surprised. I don't know why. He's made sure we have enough over and over and over again as we've continued to be faithful to Him in the ways that He's asked and as we continue to seek Him and His plan for our lives and try our best to stick to the path He's laid out before us. Maybe it's because I don't want to expect anything. I have always tried to live a life of planning for the worst and hoping for the best. This way, I'm rarely disappointed. But, I think my attitude is shifting. When God asks me to lean on Him, I no longer want to plan for the worst, I hope to sit back and relax and leave it up to God. He does amazing things when we stop trying to do it ourselves and just let Him have it. So, if God is asking you to lean on Him, DO IT!!! He's not joking around.

Also, if you think you can't afford to adopt, you're wrong. Let's talk...

No comments: