Sunday, December 19, 2010

Preparation Craziness

Ok, all you adoptive mamas out there...what's the craziest thing you've done to prepare for your trip to pick up your child? There is a lot on that to-do list and I've been crossing things off left and right. But, tonight I did the craziest thing by far. My sister offered to wax my armpits and I let her. OUCH!!! But, shaving them in ice cold showers isn't much fun either. So, that's done. Weird.

Honestly, there's not much left on the list. We still don't know whether or not we're going for sure, but we're ready to go if we are. After tomorrow, I'll feel a little more confident that we're going if we don't hear otherwise. 3 more days!

Edited to add:

Actually, I just remembered that last night I did something almost this crazy. At about 7 pm, I realized that I had forgotten all about making baby food for Kayla for when we get home. She is quite delayed, so I'm fairly confident she won't be eating regular solids yet. I took my boys out at 7:45 pm to Walmart (blech) and nearly ran into several people with my cart, mostly because they thought that stopping in the middle of an aisle for no reason seemed like a great idea, and bought stuff to turn into baby food. Then, I got home and made baby food. I have pears, peaches, apple sauce, sweet potatoes, peas and green beans all ready to go. Tonight, I've been working on chicken. I can't stand the store bought baby food meat and I have yet to meet one child who will eat the stuff. I KNOW that I will NOT be cleaning that out of cloth diapers--it smells worse coming out than it does going in and going in it reminds me of wet cat food. So, I am making the chicken myself. A Walmart run with 2 kids who should have been in bed an hour earlier was also definitely a crazy adoption trip preparation step.

1 comment:

Kim Johnston said...

I'm getting very excited for your family! And I'm praying for peace for all of you.