Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Baby, All I Want for Christmas is...

YOU! So, I'm coming to get you.
Kayla at 4 months--the first photo we saw of her 4/6/10.

Kayla at 7.5 months, July 2010.
Kayla at 11 months--when we went for court 10/26/10.

We are leaving today. It is actually happening and we couldn't be happier. Please keep our travels in your prayers--as well as Kayla and our boys (and my parents--who are watching them). We will be home just in time to ring in the New Year.

Wednesday & Thursday will be spent traveling.
Friday will be spent with Kayla!!!
Saturday will also be spent with Kayla--Christmas with 1 of my 3 kids, at least.
Sunday will be spent traveling South to meet Kayla's birth mother.
Monday, we will return to Addis and take custody of our daughter.
Tuesday, we will visit the US Embassy to make everything official.
Wednesday, we just hang out with Kayla.
Thursday, we get Kayla's paperwork and head home.
Friday, we land in the US and Kayla automatically becomes a US citizen.
We will then head home and begin our lives as a family of 5.

Thank you for celebrating this moment with us. We have felt so loved and supported through this whole process. Here's hoping the tail end goes smoothly!

4 comments:

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia said...

I can't wait to see how much more she has grown. As always, she is so beautiful!

Meg said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth said...

Adorable!!!

Virginie said...

I can't believe how fast it went (of course, you may look at me funny and say, it felt very long to you!), AND how beautiful she is. The facebook pictures (and updates!) are a joy and I rejoice with you guys that you are finally able to say she is all YOURS. 2011 will be a great vintage, I can tell.
Love,
Virginie