Friday, December 03, 2010

FINALLY!!!!!!!

So, I was eating lunch with my family, trying not to be really upset with the fact that we still had no idea when we would be leaving to bring our baby girl home when I got an email from our social worker.
It was titled "Merry Christmas!" She simply said we'd get to spend Christmas in Ethiopia. At first, I thought she was just responding to my earlier email about the possibility, but then I thought that maybe she knew something I didn't, so I decided to check Chris' email and there.it.was.
We leave 12/22 to bring Kayla home. I screamed, scaring the heck out of my family and then started crying. I can't believe we really get to bring her home. At long last, seriously LONG last (at least that's how it feels on this end).
Tickets are purchased...a whopping $4067 (gulp!). But, we're bringing our baby girl home. We will miss Christmas in the States, but my family is totally willing to pretend that it's not Christmas and to wait for us to get home to celebrate. We arrive home on 12/31, so we will celebrate Christmas Eve on New Year's Eve and Christmas Day on New Year's Day with ALL THREE OF OUR KIDS HOME!!!!!!!!!
Please pray with us, over the next 19 (yep, just 19) days that everything goes as planned and that we are definitely able to travel as planned to bring her home.
I can't believe we are finally almost done with this process. Time for the real fun to begin!

5 comments:

Meg said...

WWWWOOOOOHHHHHOOOOO!!!!!

Kim Johnston said...

Praise the Lord! Kayla is coming home!!!

SaraLyons said...

Im so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George said...

Oh thank God that license came through...you're goin' to Ethiopia to bring home baby!!! YAY! Congrats.

Unknown said...

Beyond excited for you!!!