Friday, December 17, 2010

Books & Stuff

Once in a while, another adoptive parent will post something about a book they've purchased or another item. Lately, I've found myself a total sucker for all things Ethiopia.

In the past 2 weeks, I have purchased this beautiful doll that is based on a little girl in Ethiopia. We have other brown dolls, but oddly, none of them have curly hair. This doll has a gorgeous head of perfectly curly hair and I just got her yesterday. She is available at many stores, but we got her through Target. Her name is Rahel and she is part of a series of dolls. Part of the proceeds from their sale supports World Vision efforts in Ethiopia.
Then, as I was reading through other adoptive parent posts, I came across two recommended books today and I bought them--both from Amazon.

World School Day Adventure (Dora the Explorer). Author, Kellee Riley. Now, I'm not the biggest Dora fan, but it's a book--not an annoying cartoon show--and she visits Ethiopia!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1442416734/ref=oss_product

The other book looks beautiful, from what I can see. I am excited to see the whole thing.
E is for Ethiopia (Word Alphabets). Photographer,
Ashenafi Gudeta, et al.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/184507825X/ref=oss_product

Everything is looking better for leaving in just 5 days. We should know for sure by Monday whether or not we're getting on that plane on Wednesday. I sure hope so!

Edited to include:

I just found this blog with LOADS of great book reviews on it. Definitely worth checking out if you have a beautiful brown child in your home.
http://brownlikemebookreviews.blogspot.com/


No comments: