Monday, December 20, 2010

2 days

Two more days. Honestly, I could totally skip Tuesday and jump right to Wednesday. I'm READY!!! We are all packed and ready to walk out the door. I'll spend Tuesday wrapping up loose ends and loving on my boys. But, honestly, I could skip over Tuesday without any regret. I'm ready to go, I desperately want to go but I still can't quite make myself believe that it's 100% for sure that we're leaving. So, if I could skip Tuesday and jump right to Wednesday, I'd just turn off my phone, not check my email, get on that plane and end up in Ethiopia--none the wiser if some bad news did happen to show up.

Two more days. That's it. Then, I'm on my way to bringing my little girl home. No, I'm no where near ready for all the changes that will bring, but I'm ready to take them on as they come and do my absolute best for all three of my kids. I'm ready to start fighting for her health--emotional and physical. I am ready to start working on her development. I am ready to help my boys adjust to being big brothers (especially Reily since this is all new territory to him). I know it's going to be tough and I know it's going to exhaust me, but I'm as ready as any mama has ever been.

Two more days.

No comments: