Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Why?

This just keeps getting worse...
Today, we found out that our little girl has been in the hospital for a week with bacterial meningitis. There is nothing I can do for her but pray.
I had already given up all hope that we would travel this summer, but now I may have to give up hope that we ever get to meet her? I realize that may be being a tad dramatic, but people do die from this and it's not like she's here, in the States, receiving top of the line medical care. I mean, she's already been in the hospital, on IV fluids for a week! Is that normal?
Well, pray with us that she will survive and that we will get to meet her someday and give her the family that she deserves. We know that she is a fighter and has survived a lot already, so maybe this will be no big thing to her. Just pray! (for my sanity, too)

5 comments:

Lori and Eric Stark said...

Sorry to hear it! We're praying! Don't give up, our God is a VERY big God! Hang in there, Mommy!

Meg said...

I have no answers to your "why", but He does. I know your heart is so broken. Praying for your little lady and you.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your girl. Praying her health (and your sanity) is restored quickly!

Cindy said...

We will be thinking of her. I hope she gets better very soon.

Unknown said...

I had meningitis and I had to have a pic-line for a week after I came home. So it is normal! I pray she gets well soon!!!