Friday, June 25, 2010

My baby

I want my baby! The good news is that we have been told that they are very close to submitting our case to the courts. The bad news is that we were told the same thing 5 weeks ago. This time, though, they gave specific information about what was needed for our case to be ready and what's left to gather is pretty minimal. So, there's still a chance we'll get that court date before closures.

And, the really good news, we were awarded an adoption grant by a wonderful agency. God truly is providing for the additional cost of this second trip--we're getting closer. Did anyone doubt that He would? :) It's a nice little affirmation that we are, indeed, following His plans for our lives.

It's raining again, really raining. I'm wondering if our yard will ever dry out this year, but then I think maybe the more rain we get here, the less they'll get in Ethiopia and then their closures for rainy season will be shorter. Makes sense, right? Funny how all my thoughts end up in Ethiopia these days. I haven't yet figured out if "pregnancy brain" or "adoption brain" is worse.

I will do my best to post some pictures of the boys this weekend. I know that is what most everyone wants to see anyway. Who can blame you? They are awfully cute.

No comments: