Friday, June 18, 2010

Poopy!

The title just describes my attitude today (and this is a word I hear often since it is Reily's new favorite!). We received notice that our Visa approval--to bring our baby girl home--is in Ethiopia. Woo-freakin'-hoo, is all I have to say. Typically, people get very excited about this because it means that if they've already passed court, they can now bring their kiddos home. We don't even have a court date assigned to us yet and court closures are coming up very quickly. Other agencies have been able to give court dates to families that have to travel twice, but not ours. They promise that it's coming soon, but then they promised that 4 weeks ago, too, and we still have no court date. As far as we know, they haven't even presented our case to the courts so that we can be assigned a court date. Needless to say, I am feeling poopy about the whole situation right now. I'll be fine, I always pull out of it, but today is just not my day. I should be excited about our Visa approval making it's way to Ethiopia, but instead, it just reminded me that we're still so far away. (I know, it'll be over before we know it and she'll be ours forever, God's timing is perfect and all that, but right now it feels like it'll be FOREVER until she's ours--just let me have one poopy day. I think I've earned that right.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes! You have earned even more than one poopy day. It is SO HARD some days and it's hard to comprehend the "why" even when you KNOW God's timing is perfect. Keep the faith sister and call me anytime you need to vent.