Thursday, February 03, 2011

GROSS!

So, I don't know how I got so lucky, but I made it through my first two babies with no, absolutely zero, blow out diapers. Not so lucky this time around. Ugh. I could have lived without that experience, thank you very much.

On our way home from my aunt's house tonight Kayla was very whiny in the car--normally she's just fine. When I went to get her out of the car, I could smell why. Then, I picked her up and I could feel why...all the way up her back (ew, right?). I carried her to the bathroom, stripped off her pants and realized it was all over those too. So, I started the bath and put her in--onsie and diaper still on. She started crying--the water wasn't as warm as I expected it to be (oops). I washed her up when it got warmer, head to toe, lotioned her like crazy, got her in her jammies, fed her a bottle and put her to bed after some rocking. She's just fine and sleeping soundly. I still can't get that grossed out feeling to go away. Honestly, yuck!

1 comment:

George said...

Oh ya, those are seriously gross. We didn't have many with our son (maybe one or two in all his days), but when our daughter came home last year we had plenty. Yuck.