Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ethiopia

I miss it. I want to go back. If someone were to give me a good reason, I would pack my bags and my family up right now and be gone. If you think I'm nuts and you don't get it, I'm not sure I get it either, so that's okay. I can't explain it. I have visited at least 20 different countries and I have loved many of them, but none have affected me like Ethiopia has. I don't want to go back to adopt another child. I'm not sure we'll ever adopt again. I just want to go back. I want my children to experience Ethiopia. I want Kayla to know her first culture. I want a simpler life for my family. (I also want to be done with snow, so that might be part of it!). I just want to go back. To visit, to live, whatever. I want to go back. I miss it. Give me a good reason, please?!?

We have a few more medical appointments for Kayla coming up soon. If everything continues to go well and her health continues to look great, I truly believe we'll start pursuing foreign missions this year yet. I am SO ready. It's going to be a challenge and it's going to be uncomfortable, but we are ready to take this challenge on--or at least to get the ball rolling. I doubt we'll end up in Ethiopia. As Chris said, "I'd go, but it would take a miracle." Well, God does sort of happen to be in the business of miracles, so I won't say it'll never happen either. Here's hoping!!!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I'll be praying for you guys and this next journey/adventure. If you do miraculously end up in Ethiopia, I'll be visiting :)

Unknown said...

Oh good!!!