Sunday, February 13, 2011

Today (& some other stuff)

Today was gorgeous! The thermometer hit 50 degrees and the sun was shining. After naps, I decided I needed to get outside so I took all three kids for a walk. We wore our rain boots! It was great to see so many puddles out there...the snow is melting. Perhaps Mr. Groundhog was right. I'm not counting on it, but I'll enjoy this weather while I have it. I'm sick of winter, being stuck inside and having to bundle up 3 kids anytime we do try to get out.
I think Kayla really enjoyed it!
The boys found plenty of puddles to splash in.Reily insisted on riding his new bike that Grandpa Rick got him for Christmas.

Gavin has been asking when he'd get to feed Kayla since before she even came home. For bonding purposes, Chris and I have chosen to be the only ones to feed her...until this weekend. The boys decided that Kayla needed some chocolate pudding just like them, so I told them they could give her a couple of bites. She loved it!


We LOVE visiting Children's Museums. Every year, my kids get money for Christmas from some of my relatives. We put it into savings and use a portion of it to buy a Children's Museum membership that gets us into all of the Children's Museums in the country and we use it a lot. So far in 2011, we have visited 3 of them. Unfortunately, we forgot our camera for the first two, but this weekend I remembered it, so here are few pictures (we were in Appleton).
We put Kayla in this area, but she just kept putting the bits of rubber in her mouth.Kayla crawled right up those stairs!My little firemenShe was giving me kisses through the window. She has gotten so affectionate lately.
Just because she's so cute!

For the record, the Children's Museum in Appleton is our favorite so far and we have been to lots. Also, for about $10 more, you can get a membership there that not only gets you into all the Children's Museums but also all Science Museums. It's a great deal if you like to visit these places as much as we do.

2 comments:

Kim Johnston said...

Great pictures! Kayla's eyes are so beautiful. And the pictures of the boys are precious. Your family is lovely.

Valerie said...

My goodness, what an absolutely adorable little girl!! Maria was right, she's gorgeous! Congratulations!
Will be praying for you regarding a mission field...He is indeed in the business of miracles!

Valerie (Maria's mom) :)