Thursday, January 27, 2011

Random Ramblings

Random Thought #1
Tonight is my first night with all three kids and without Chris. So far, so good. Dinner was a little odd, but they ate it, so I suppose that's a plus. For the past three weeks we've had many generous people bringing us meals (and they're not done just yet). Everything has been delicious and way more than one small family can eat in a night so we've had loads of leftovers to enjoy. Well, tonight we didn't eat quite so well because it was all up to me! Kayla had spaghettios with some random veggies mixed in. The boys and I had pizza rolls, chicken nuggets and apple slices. Oh, and peanut M&Ms for dessert. Not quite the picture of nutrition, but they'll live.

Random Thought #2
Attachment parenting is for the birds. We have parented, rather successfully I might add, a child with full blown RAD. It was a tough 2.5 years, but we did it and he attached--not like a completely healthy child would, but he attached. Kayla has a whole different type of attachment junk going on. Last night, she needed attachment parenting but I was exhausted and just not in the mood. Fortunately, we're having a much more in-tune day today and I'm back in the mood. Things are going better. Still, attachment parenting is for the birds. I sincerely hope that by hitting it hard and steady right now, we won't have to deal with RAD later. I'll do it if I have to, but I'd rather just not have to.

Random Thought #3
I loathe children that scream. It drives me CRAZY! Recently, my boys have decided that screaming for no reason at all is a great activity. Well, I made a new rule...any kid who screams for no reason at all gets a 5 minute timeout in their room--no warnings or options, just to the room.

Random Thought #4
I love my kids...even the ones that scream for no reason and the one who needs the attachment parenting. I may not like them all the time, but I do love them.

Random Thought #5
Businesses that screw you over and then don't apologize don't deserve your business anymore. Crossing another one off the list today. Seriously, is it THAT hard to apologize? Note to self: up the making sure kids learn to say sorry, genuinely. Apparently, if I don't teach them no one will and then they'll create more problems like the major one I had to deal with today and won't know to apologize as adults. I'm sorry goes a long way, and it has never killed anyone to say it--not that I know of anyway.

Random Thought #6
Is it bedtime for the kids yet? Nope...one more hour.

Okay, so that's it. Well, all I feel free to share right now anyway. I definitely have more than that going on in my head right now, but I'll keep the rest in there for a while. Seriously random, right?

No comments: