Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ethiopia

I know I haven't been posting very regularly lately. Thanks to those of you who still bother to check in. I'll get back into the swing of it, eventually!

Today, I want to post about Ethiopia. I just watched a video that another adopting family put together on why they decided to adopt from Ethiopia. While our reasons are not all the same, the video was very moving and showed many different images of Ethiopia and her people. Ethiopia is a beautiful country. Her people are amazing and her landscapes are to be admired. It is not a dessert--it is not hot all the time. The people are beautiful and kind. The children are happy with so little. I LOVED Ethiopia. I have traveled to many different countries...some that even greatly resemble Ethiopia...but none have made me feel like Ethiopia did. To look at the pictures may not evoke the same feelings for you, but I want to share them anyway. Truthfully, if I were given the opportunity to leave everything (except my family) behind and move there tomorrow, you could not hold me back. I would go. It is no secret that Chris and I want to pursue missions. I don't know that we will end up in Ethiopia, but I would love it!












1 comment:

Chrissy said...

LOL -that last photo... Every time I see it I think "hey! There's the ONLY traffic sign in Addis!!" Hee hee!! And yes, Amen, on the moving and leaving it all behind! The article I posted on FB today only made my heart hurt more for the people we met there.