Thursday, January 06, 2011

How's it going?

People keep asking me this question and my answer is always the same...surprisingly well. Honestly, things are going better than I expected and we couldn't be happier. Kayla naps twice a day and slept through the night last night. She's getting really comfortable with Chris and is entertained by her brothers--and does her fair share of entertaining them, too. She seems happy and comfortable with us, for the most part. We're still figuring each other out. She still prefers to be held most of the time. We're still working on getting her to eat more solids. But, she's doing really, really well. The boys are doing much better than I had expected (especially Reily!). I'm a bit sleep deprived, but that's really nothing new. Life is good. I don't know if it'll stay this way, but for now, we're loving it. Kayla has just fit right in to our family--she hasn't rocked our world or created any major drama. She just fits. We've been waiting for her for a long time and I believe that she was waiting for us, too.

3 comments:

SaraLyons said...

This is so great to hear. Glad things are going well.

Kim Johnston said...

This is wonderful!

Joanna said...

Well said, perfect fit! We feel the same. I just can't believe how much I love our little girl...and I think we're turning the corner with our sleep patterns! :)