Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Up, up and away

Kayla and I are going on a little trip. We are going to visit some adoption friends and one of my college friends--who actually introduced me to Chris and was a roommate for a while. I'm really looking forward to this trip, especially since we'll be in Texas while snow is predicted in WI!

We'll be meeting two friends for the first time--gals who adopted little girls from the same care center that Kayla was at around the same time as us. We all did our best to check in on each others girlies while we were in Ethiopia at different times. I'm really looking forward to meeting these two and getting our girls back together. You can check out their adorable girls here http://madinefamily.blogspot.com/ and here http://texastoethiopia.blogspot.com/

We will also be seeing Heather again. She was on both trips to Ethiopia with us to adopt her son. I am seriously excited to see her and her son. I just can't wait to see his little personality.

I don't know how Kayla will fare on the plane. The last time she was on one was kind of monumental! Hopefully she does well. It's a pretty short and direct flight, so I think it'll be okay. I hope she loves the sunshine and warmth. I can't wait to get her in some summer clothes. I hope she enjoys seeing all these kiddos again, too. I'd love to think they could remember each other, but they're all pretty young.

My college friend, Erin, is a photographer and a great one at that. She's going to take some great photos of Kayla and I can't wait for that either! You can check our her fabulous work here http://purpletreestudios.com/ (and if you live in Texas and need a photographer she is really, really good)

Well, I have some packing to do and I have to be up before the sun rises. I'm sure I'll have loads of photos to share once we're home. Hopefully Chris and the boys survive in my absence!

No comments: