Friday, April 22, 2011

Kayla's First Steps

Well, these are almost her first steps. Technically these are steps 5, 6 and 7...!!! I had Kayla stand up and then let go with my hands out (which I've done a million times) and to my utter amazement she moved one foot and then the other. I cheered and hugged her. Then she did it again! The boys came up from downstairs to see what all the commotion was about and I set up the camera and caught steps 5, 6 and 7. Shortly after this, she took 7 steps in a row (twice), but who's counting?!? Go baby girl, go! (Please ignore the frumpy mama and the vaseline faced baby--it was supposed to be a go nowhere, see no one kind of day)

6 comments:

Aimee and Preston said...

crying, this is awesome!

Unknown said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whew!!! SUPER job, Kayla!!!!!!! :)

Tara K said...

Remember when I told you that there are no small miracles! Your baby girl is literally a WALKING MIRACLE!

bradandgeo said...

yay for kayla! w're all very proud of you!

SaraLyons said...

So exciting!! Yay!

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks everybody! Hopefully she keeps at it. Today she seems a little bit unsure again, but now that I know she can I also know she will. Whew!