Friday, March 11, 2011

Sick Kids

Having sick kids sucks. There's really no other way to put that. Fortunately for me, I really haven't had sick kids very much. Gavin was never sick as a baby or toddler. He projectile vomitted once as a baby and then had a case of the pukes when he was about 4--that one was gross and all over the house. Reily had one cold as an infant and that was about it. We've had the standard coughing/runny noses, but nothing terribly miserable--certainly nothing that kept us housebound for more than a day or two.

Well, two weeks ago (when we were in the Dells, of course) Reily got sick and threw up a lot in the night. It was preceeded by a terrible cough. Fast forward one week...I have the cough and a terrible sore throat. This lasted about 5 days and just as it started to get better Gavin and Kayla developed the cough. Then, I got the head cold. I can't breathe. I keep sneezing and it hurts. Gavin coughed so much last night that he threw up. Reily is still coughing like he'd like to lose a lung. I thought Gavin had pinkeye, but I honestly think he just coughed so much that he looked like death warmed over. Kayla is coughing and has a runny nose (again!).

Yesterday, Kayla was whining during naptime. I went in her room to scold her and lay her back down and found her covered in blood! I just screamed for Chris. Her whole face was covered and there was a good sized pool in the crib, too. He took her and cleaned her up (thank GOD I am married to a nurse) and I cleaned up her room. He quickly found the source of the blood--just her nose--but this freaked me out! The best part was that she didn't even seem to notice or mind. She was just smiling away--probably thinking she pulled a fast one on us being up from nap so early.

Today, the kids are all still sick. They sound horrible. We're not leaving the house. I feel trapped, but I'm too icky feeling to do anything anyway.

Yes, having sick kids sucks (especially when mama is sick, too). Here's hoping Chris doesn't get whatever this is because we all know that having a sick husband might just be the worst yet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh i am sosos sorry that just sounds horrible....i am praying you and the little ones are on the mend and feeling better ASAP...i hate having even one sick kid