Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Not great....

Well, we got a new report on our girl and it was, at the very least, not great. She likely has rickets. It won't kill her, but if it's not one thing, it's another. She isn't meeting a single developmental milestone, but she was examined at 9 months, 2 weeks on a 9-11 month scale, so that's not so bad. There were some disconcerting remarks about her attachments and physical development that are causing some concern, however. She has actually regressed in certain areas and that's never good. The last report we received was shortly before the bacterial meningitis. The most recent report was completed one month after her illness. Our agency is going to look into this further and see if they can get a doctor to see Kayla. One mom going to Ethiopia soon has offered to examine her--she's a doctor--so hopefully our agency will allow that, just for our peace of mind. I'm just so ready to have this baby girl home.

As previously stated, I am a complete control freak, so when stuff like this happens and I have absolutely no control, it's tough. To make matters a bit worse, the families who had their paperwork in the same envelope with ours are traveling in the next few weeks to bring their kids home...I don't know why we got left out of that group, but it's going to be at least 3-4 months before our baby makes it home and that hits hard when a report like this comes through. Why post all this? I don't know--it's good to get it out of my head, I guess. Also, I know we have friends, family and complete strangers that will read this and say a prayer for our baby girl. We greatly appreciate that.

Oh, and it's our 9th anniversary today. Hard to believe that we've only been married for 9 years. It seems as though we've already lived through enough to turn anyone gray. Here's hoping the next 9 are a little less dramatic...but then, Chris married me and I can't seem to stand having a "normal" life, so I'm sure the next 9 will be filled with just as much adventure.

1 comment:

Lori and Eric Stark said...

Happy anniversary! Praying for you & your little girl!