Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Baby Girl

Well, the baby is out of the hospital--has been since July 5, we're told. I guess she is doing well, so that's good news. Our paperwork still has not been processed, though many other families from our agency have been processed, so maybe it's only a matter of days. But, then we've been told that for about 5 weeks now, so we'll just have to see.

We did receive some new pictures from a family that was in Ethiopia recently and had a chance to interact with her there. It was fun to get the updated pictures, since the only two we have are over three months old. A lot changes from 4 months to almost 8 months of age. She's still cute,completely bald, and VERY skinny. I wish I could share them with everyone, but then we'd risk losing her, so I'd better keep them to myself for now.

Thanks for all the prayers. Keep 'em coming. I have found myself in a strange place lately--I've run out of words to pray for this situation.

We're keeping a friend's little girl for 10 days. We're 5 days in and so far, so good. It's actually easier with her here than when she's gone. She's a novelty to the boys, so they just play with her, pretty nicely, for hours--in the basement, no less. (How long do you think it'll take for that to wear off once the third child is their sister?) I'll have to snap some pictures of the three stinkers at some point. Pics of the boys coming soon! We've got some cute ones from the 4th.

No comments: