Friday, May 07, 2010

It's been a strange day...

Well, today some others from our agency heard that they will for sure only be traveling to Ethiopia once and we didn't hear that. Since today is the true cut-off, I'm guessing that means we will be traveling twice. Of course, we don't know this for sure, but it's feeling less and less likely that we'll get away with one trip. On the plus side, this likely means we will be meeting our daughter as early as June. On the down side, this means we will have to meet her and then leave her for 1-3 months before we can bring her home, we will have to leave the boys twice, AND we have to come up with about $9000 more. Yikes, hopefully God will just drop that in our laps! Overall, I'm not feeling too down or overwhelmed by this. It is what it is and we don't really know for sure yet, so I guess we're technically still waiting to find out, it just isn't looking so promising anymore.

Additionally, it is stinkin' May 7 and we are getting snow. Not just a little bit of snow that will be gone in an hour, but SNOW! Here are some pictures that I just took to prove it. This is one of those...you know you're a Wisconsinite when...moments.

My poor patio furniture
I love that bright green grass under the tree

Looks like all the flowers on the ground will come out okay--they're covered by the tree

I don't know that the blossoms on the crab apple tree will be so lucky

What a strange day! Gavin asked me if it was Christmas again.

2 comments:

Tara K said...

Maybe the snow was God's reminder to you that, "Stranger things have happened!!!" I'm still praying for the one trip!

Meehan Family said...

Thanks, Tara! I sure do hope you're right, but even if we have to go twice, it will be all right. God has a plan, we're just happy to be walking in it.