Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Today...

Today has been a depressing day and an encouraging day all rolled into one. At the start of the day, two other families working with our agency announced that their paperwork had made it to Ethiopia. I assumed that this meant I'd probably get an email stating the same thing about our paperwork...not so. There has been "some problem" with the delivery of our paperwork--and a couple of other sets--our agency will work on tracking it tomorrow, but our window of opportunity to only travel once is closing really quickly. So, I've kind of been in a funk for most of the day.

About an hour ago, I decided it's really out of my control so there's no sense letting it consume me. Sure, it's annoying and upsetting, but I can't do anything different now and I couldn't have done anything differently along the way to make this turn out better, so I'm doing my best not to let it get me down (for now anyway). God will make a way...either it'll get there in time or the funds will be provided for us to go twice. If you know me, you know I'm already working on a plan for that anyway. It wouldn't be ideal, but we'd make it work. God has been so faithful to me for nearly 32 years, I can't imagine that would stop now! So, while I'd still LOVE to hear that our paperwork has made it and I'll be checking my email every 5 minutes for the next two days to see if we have that news, I am at peace with either outcome.

Now, to the good stuff...our MOPS group brought in a photographer to do old fashioned pictures of our kiddos this month. For a $10 sitting fee, you could get a 10x13. I went in today to view the pictures KNOWING that I absolutely could not spend the $120-$300 for a package and that I would only take the free portrait. Of course, the pictures of my boys were gorgeous and it was very hard not to purchase them, but we're putting every extra penny into this adoption, so I did walk away. A few of my wonderful friends could tell how much I loved the photos AND they loved them, too, so they got together and purchased some for me. In addition, another friend dropped off a seriously sweet and encouraging note reminding me about the good parts of being in the ministry and put some cash in it to help us out. Her timing could not have been better.

See, God is faithful even in the little things--like me feeling a little discouraged. I just know He'll take care of this big one for us, too.

1 comment:

Tara K said...

I have tears streaming down my face as I read this. God is SO faithful. I love how he uses the little things in life to remind us of that!