Thursday, April 29, 2010

Shopping!

Well, no good news on the paperwork...it is IN Ethiopia, but FedEx won't deliver it to where it needs to get by tomorrow (well, it's actually already Friday in Ethiopia). I have no idea why they won't deliver it, but they won't. So our agency is trying to figure out how to get it where it needs to be. We're still praying!

Onto more positive things...A few Christmases ago, my family decided that we'd just buy gifts for kids and that the adults would pool their money and give it to a specific charity. This past Christmas, I got to choose where the money was spent. Chris and I decided that we'd buy stuff to take with us to our daughter's care center in Ethiopia when we finally got to go. Well, tonight I went on the first of many shopping trips to gather some of the needed items. I spent $80 and got:

40 sippy cups
48 rolls of fly paper (they asked for it!)
6 tubes of anti-fungal cream
10 tshirts 5T and up
3 wooden puzzles
5 bottle brushes
70 plastic spoons
10 yards of fabric to sew 4 baby slings
1 package of building blocks
I took Gavin with me and he had a good time picking things out for mommy & daddy to take with them for the other kids that are staying with our Kayla. It was nice to have my mind occupied with something adoption-positive for a little while.

No comments: