Friday, April 30, 2010

It's THERE!

Okay, so our paperwork is officially in Ethiopia, with the people it needs to be with. Now, I believe that if it is translated and approved by the courts by May 9, we only travel once. Of course, no one is certain on that, so we may not know if we're traveling once or twice until mid-late May or until our court date is set. Still, knowing that the paperwork is there makes me feel so much better.

Now what? I guess we just wait to hear when our court date is. Many families working with our agency received good court news today. Some received court dates in May and others found out they already passed--one family passed just 6-7 weeks after receiving their referral. I don't know how fast this will go for us, but it can go very quickly and it can take a lot longer than predicted...really no rhyme or reason. I keep telling people we'll have her home sometime between August and November. Of course, if we have to go twice, it'll probably make things take longer, but we'll get there! At least, I'm feeling positive about it today. Ask me again tomorrow...this is such a roller coaster.

No comments: