Monday, January 16, 2006

My Grandma Anderson



My Grandma Anderson passed away this past week and I will be at her funeral all day today. I feel so very fortunate to have been her "adopted grandchild". My mother's parents were deceased long before I came into this world, so my mom's twin sister's husband's parents (aka Grandma and Grandpa Anderson) took us in as their "adopted grandkids". My favorite childhood memories of them took place each Christmas. They always invited us to their home for their family Christmas and treated us just like family. My Grandma Anderson was a wonderful person, full of life and very feisty. She will be dearly missed, but was ready to go home and be with Jesus. I rejoice in the fact that she is in such a better place today and no longer has to suffer. She's pictured here with Gavin--recently and in the hospital when he was first born. I thank God for the fact that one day I will see her again and until then, I know that she will be smiling down on me and all the others that she loved.

No comments: